Govindabhog rice / Baby Basmati Rice
Kalijira rice is a special aromatic, tiny & very small grain fragrant rice from the Bangladesh. It has a very delicate texture, delicious aroma and mouthwatering taste.
Prized for aromatic Rice Pilaf or authentic Rice Pudding. Mostly used in various occasions and religious festivals
Cooking Instructions for making Kalijira Rice Pilaf:
- Rinse & drain 2 cups of Kalijira rice. Heat 1tbsp ghee over medium heat, fry1/2 cup diced onions until translucent.
- Stir in soaked rice and cook until all the grains lightly toasted.
- Add 3 cups water, 1/4tsp the turmeric (opt), 3 pc cloves, 3 pc cardamom pods,1pc cinnamon stick,1pc bay leaf, salt (to taste).
- Stir & bring to a boil, cover and simmer on low heat for 15 min.
- Turn off the heat, let rice steamed in the covered pot for another 5-10 minutes or until the rice has absorbed the liquid.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with fried onion, almonds and raisins on the top, serve hot.