Ideal for Diabetics
This longer grain & slender shaped basmati rice grown in the Himalayas, are partially boiled while still in its husk (rice paddy)and then milled.
It has Lower GI index value than other white rice, and suitable for people with diabetes.
- In a large sauce pan add 1lb washed & rinsed rice, add salt to taste (optional), fill the saucepan with 5-6 cups of water
- Stir once lightly, bring to a rolling boil uncovered, boil for 10-15 minutes, or until the rice is tender with a little bite. Turn off the heat.
- Drain the rice into a large sieve, and leave to drain well.
- Return the drained rice in the same warm saucepan with a lid on.
- Let the rice rest covered at least another 10-15 minutes to firm up or until rice are not soggy. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.
1 Cup of Rice will yield: 2 cups of cooked rice.